View the Respondus overview video.
Protecting the Integrity of Online Exams
Review information on protecting the integrity of online exams.
Preparing an Exam for Use with LockDown Browser: Blackboard Learn
Learn how to prepare for an exam with LockDown Browser.
Learn how to activate Respondus.
Quick Reference Guides
Activate Respondus Tools for a Test in Blackboard
Use these instructions to activate Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor for a test.
Access Course in Blackboard
- Open an internet browser. (Google Chrome/Firefox recommended)
- Go to the following website: https://blackboard.usc.edu/.
- Click Sign in using your USC NetID.
- If prompted, input your USC netID and password, and then slick Sign in. You should now be logged into Blackboard.
- Access your course under the My Courses.
Access the Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard
- At the top of the course screen, ensure that your course is set to .
- In the panel on the left, under Course Management:
- Click Control Panel -> Course Tools.
- Then click Respondus LockDown Browser.
First Time Access – Respondus LockDown Browser
- The first time you access the Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard, you will land on the About LockDown Browser. Perform the following:
- (a)Click any of the tabs at the top of the screen to view tutorials and other help resources for the Respondus LockDown Browser.
- (b)Select if you wish to bypass this screen the next time you access the Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard.
- (c)Click to set up the Respondus Lockdown Browser for your test in Blackboard.
9. On the Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard screen, select -> Settings for your test.
- The section under your exam expands. Select . The section under your exam will further expand.
- (a)DO NOT enter a password.
- (b)(Optional) Click to expand Advanced Settings and display additional options.
11. The section under your exam will further expand.
- Select any additional settings you wish to apply to this Respondus meeting .
- Click next to any item for additional information.
12. Your Respondus LockDown Browser set-up is complete. For next steps:
|Will not use Respondus Monitor for this test||Click On the Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard, your test will display in the LockDown Browser column. The test name will be amended to include “Requires Respondus LockDown Browser.” This task is complete.|
|Will use Respondus Monitor for this test||Go to the next section.|
Advanced Respondus Knowledge Base
For those with advanced Respondus abilities, please refer to the official Respondus Knowledge Base for questions you may have.