Intro to Zoom
Zoom provides a high-quality, mobile-optimized, video and audio conferencing service for free to all USC students.
- If you do not have a USC Zoom account yet, activate and configure your USC Zoom account using the instructions below.
- If you do have an existing Zoom account through a USC school, administrative unit or 2U- administered on-line Master’s program, please read our Note on Existing Zoom Accounts.
Go to usc.zoom.us, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link to download the Zoom app to your desktop, laptop or mobile phone.
Start the app and log in using Shibboleth (USC’s single sign-on (SSO) system).
For instructions on how to do this, see:
Test Your Audiovisual (A/V) Equipment with Zoom
To make sure that your computer/device, speakers, microphones, and other A/V equipment work properly with Zoom, visit https://zoom.us/test. This site will allow you to easily test your speakers, microphone and camera at any time without having to join a formal meeting or actually call anyone. Additionally, your instructors may send you a test Zoom link to ensure you are able to properly connect to the Zoom session.
Familiarize Yourself with Zoom
The quick reference guide below will provide you with a quick overview on the following Zoom topics:
|QRG Name||Contents||QRG Link|
Student Access to Zoom
||Student Access to Zoom|
Join Zoom Meeting via SSO
||Join Zoom Meeting via SSO|
Communicating with Zoom
||Communicating with Zoom|
Adding a Profile Picture to Zoom
||Adding a Profile Picture to Zoom|
Start and Stop Video in Zoom
||Start and Stop Video in Zoom|
Other links that might be useful
- Blackboard Help for Students
- Blackboard Help Line (available 24/7/365) – 213-740-5555, Option 2
- Blackboard Support – email@example.com
- Reset Your Password – itservices.usc.edu/uscnetid
- Contact ITS firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-740-5555, Option 1
Local IT Support
The following list will help students, faculty and staff to identify the local IT contact for their schools or departments.
Contact your local IT